Re: [Hampshire] gallery2.

Author: David Webster
To: testermike, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] gallery2.
On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 3:30 AM, Mike Burrows <testermike@???> wrote:
> Hello Folks.
>
> Can anybody recommend a picture hosting app like the above that I would
> find reasonably easy to use.

I've used Gallery 2 before and at the time it was the best web photo
app I could find.
If you just want to get your photos online, you could look at facebook
or Flickr - the interfaces are pretty good and it's easier to sign up
for an account than it is to install and maintain your own web app.

If you want to host your own then have a look at Coppermine (I found
it more skinable), or a package that integrates with whatever
blogging/cms software you're running. I suspect that whatever is
stopping Gallery2 from working will also stop Coppermine, so you'd be
best off continuing with Gallery.

> I have been fussing with Gallery 2 all day and still can't get it to
> even appear in a browser window, which is I assume, how it works.

What errors are you getting?
As John said, did you have a web and DB server working before the install?

The problems I've had installing things like that have usually been a
missing PHP dependency or a database connection issue. IIRC
ImageMagick is a common missing dependency.

David.