Re: [Hampshire] Re: TRYING to set up my own simple mail serv…

Author: Isaac Close
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Re: TRYING to set up my own simple mail server? Can anyone help?

--- On Mon, 28/7/08, James Ashburner <hantslug@???> wrote:

> ClarkConnect uses Horde to allow access to mail via a web
> interface and
> also allows shared folders using SAMBA.

Much like SME (previously e-smith iirc).

There is also a site, see contribs.org for lots of plugin software
for SME. I am aware of one company that deploys several SME boxes and seem to run stable over the past two or three years.

Although iirc its based on centos or the like, the filesystem layout is a bit ugly and its RPM based, but it works and its free.

Not my cup of tea though.

Isaac.

Not happy with your email address?.