Re: [Hampshire] WiFi hotspots

Author: Tim B (Systems)
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] WiFi hotspots
I can understand blocking smtp, and perhaps vpn, but why would you block ssh?

The (relatively few) people who are aware of ssh, are mostly going to use it
to access the command line anyway. It's not going to cause a security or
bandwidth problem. Well, unless you scp all thier files to another server,
but then, that would suggest that you could get to their files in the first
place, and that's far more serious.

Tim B.