Re: [Hampshire] Re: serial console remote control sorta thin…

Author: Bob Dunlop
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Re: serial console remote control sorta thing
On Thu, Jul 24 at 12:55, Stephen Rowles wrote:
> Usually the programmers I work with do part a, however b is usually a
> waste of time as the specs keep changing anyway ;)

Hmph! As I read this I've also got both Version 2.3 and 2.4 of a 200+
page spec open in front of me doing a paragraph by paragraph comparision.

2.4 helps you spot the mistakes they made in 2.3 although not the
mistakes in 2.4.

Then the requirement for my program is to be bug compatable with and
interoperate with programs written to either version. Including
support for bad assumptions made by other programmers because the
spec is fuzzy. I've just found a byte order flag in an auxillary
information block, the location of which is specified in another
block the correct analysis of which is dependent on knowing the byte
order.

--
        Bob Dunlop