Re: [Hampshire] Slow Processor

Author: Richard Danter
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Slow Processor
Same here. I have a Core2Duo laptop and both cores show up as running
at 800MHz in KDE's Power Manager even when running on mains power. But
as soon as I start compiling it's up to 2.2GHz as expected. This is
actually great news. 8.04 seems to do the power management stuff very
well and when on batteries the laptop lasts longer (not sure how much
longer, but gut feel is a good 30+ mins) than it did with 7.04.

Don't worry, be happy!

Rich