Re: [Hampshire] OpenMoko Bulk Buy: Latest Status

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OpenMoko Bulk Buy: Latest Status

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57581100.hantslug.org.uk.2256': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed Jul 9 23:12:08 2008 BST
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 11:05:01PM +0100, Jon Levell wrote:
> As requested on the wiki:
> http://www.hants.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/wiki.pl?FreerunnerBulkBuy
> (and elsewhere), I've e-mail Hugo but I've not received
> a reply.
>
> Does this mean:
> a) My email has been eaten by the over-aggressive junk
> filter in the sky
>
> or
>
> b) Hugo is waiting for everyone to email him before
> replying

This one.

> As I'm really eager to get my hands on the phone, I thought
> the easiest way to find out which was to write to the list
> (in case my emails to Hugo all end in the same bit bucket)

I've only had 7 replies so far. ALso, the 900MHz phones won't be
ready to buy from the US in 10-packs for another couple of weeks at
least. If you're desperate to buy ASAP, I'd recommend getting a single
phone from elsewhere (Pulster in Germany, or Truebox in the UK, I'd
guess). If you want the cheap option, you'll have to wait, and it may
not come off if we don't get enough people.

Hugo.

               --- vi vi vi:  the Editor of the Beast. ---