Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu JeOS ISO to USB question

Author: Jim Kissel
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu JeOS ISO to USB question

Hugo Mills wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 09:47:54PM +0100, Jim Kissel wrote:
>> Hugo Mills wrote:
>>>    Is this a 64-bit VM you're trying to run, or a 32-bit one? Also,
>>> are you using any acceleration for the VM (i.e. kvm, kqemu)?

>> Ubuntu 7.10 default (must be 32b) Synaptic installed qeum
>> No known accelerators. VMWare Workstation installled
>
>    OK, that rules out some of the things I was thinking of.

Thanks everyone for the positive thoughts and feedback. Turns out that
it was a problem with my 7.10 which is an upgraded 7.04 which was an
upgraded 6.10 which was originally a 6.06. Today I backed /home, booted
from 8.04 LTS, post-installed 281 patches, restored /home, rebooted
several times in the process. Installed qemu on this fresh install and
all the problems I was having have disappeared.

regards