[Hampshire] restoring Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox from b…

Author: Lisi
To: Hants LUG
Subject: [Hampshire] restoring Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox from backup
I need to eat humble pie. I know that I have visited this subject on this
list before; and not long ago, at that. Several of you sent me useful replies
and Sean (I think - sorry if it was someone else) sent me the most marvellous
magic incantation which worked in full.

I have just spent quite a long, frustrating time searching for the thread. It
is the first time that searching my Gmail archive has let me down. Clearly I
am putting garbage in and getting garbage out. :-(

Can anyone rescue me from my incompetence and point me at the earlier thread?

Or would any kind soul tell me what to do? I remember it was more complicated
than Mozillazine had led me to expect, so am trying to read up as much as
possible before I mess a fresh install up again.

The "backup" is simply a copy of my husband's /home as it was on the now
defunct installation. I do not want to copy everything back: just his
document files (easy) and his email, or I could simply use the command I used
to copy from /home to /backup to copy from /backup to /home.

TIA
Lisi