[Hampshire] Horizontal Scrolling

Author: Stevens S.
To: hampshire@mailman.lug.org.uk, hampshire@mailman.lug.org.uk
Subject: [Hampshire] Horizontal Scrolling
Hi....

To answer the question someone asked of me: The reason I use Windows for the BBC iplayer is because I like to download so I can watch it in higher resolution.

Of course it does crash constantly.

Bit of a draw back really.

I am having a problem with horizontal scrolling with my synaptics touch pad. It just doesn't work. Initially I couldn't get vertical scrolling but I fixed that.

Looking on the forums I discovered I had to edit Xorg.conf I put the line        Option "HorizEdgeScroll" "1"         in it. However that had no effect.

So I typed (I got this on a blog) "syndaemon -d && synclient -l" and spotted this: "HorizEdgeScroll         = 0".

So "synclient HorizEdgeScroll         = 1" then fixed it, but only until I next boot up. Any ideas how I can switch this on permanently? When is the next HLUG meeting by the way?

Yours

Yellow