[Hampshire] Ubuntu JeOS ISO to USB question

Author: Jim Kissel
To: Hampshire
CC:
Subject: [Hampshire] Ubuntu JeOS ISO to USB question
I wanted to have a play with the JeOS Ubuntu ISO and since I don't have
a USB-CD drive, I thought I would "burn" it to a USB thumb drive. If
found this in a how-to at http://stuporglue.org/ume-on-eeepc.php

qemu -hda /dev/sdg -cdrom jeos-8.04-jeos-i386.iso -boot d -m 1024

which starts up and displays the usual Ubuntu install menu, but as soon
as I select "Install" it dies with a

[     0.0000000[ ACPI: no DMI BIOS year, acpi=force is required to
enable ACPI

The only option I can find is -no-apci which doesn't help. Any thoughts
on qeum or alternative jeos.iso -> to USB thumb drive would be appreciated.