Re: [Hampshire] Just checking

Author: Dr Adam J Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Just checking

On Sat, 31 May 2008 at 09:52:29AM -0400, Andy Random wrote:

> On Fri, 30 May 2008, Dr Adam J Trickett wrote:
>
> >Alas in rural low density communities there only way to get connected
> >legally is via a BT land line.
>
> That's not really true. Two of the 4 methods I referred to are using mobile
> phone connections (a Three 3G USB modem and a Vodafone mobile phone), I
> appreciate that there are rural areas without mobile coverage, but I'm
> pretty sure Overton has at least Vodafone coverage from my previous visits
> there.

Ah yes, that would do it, I had forgotten that.

> How far did you actually move then?

About 0.5 km or about 5 minutes if you amble along. It's an okay house,
but at 55m2 floor space it's less than two-thirds the size of the
previous house, so lots of stuff has had to go into storage until house
prices "correct" themselves and we can buy something larger than a rabbit
hutch.

BT come out on Wednesday to do an engineer install of a phone line...

--
Adam