Re: [Hampshire] Just checking

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Just checking

On Fri, 30 May 2008, Dr Adam J Trickett wrote:

> Alas in rural low density communities there only way to get connected
> legally is via a BT land line.

That's not really true. Two of the 4 methods I referred to are using mobile
phone connections (a Three 3G USB modem and a Vodafone mobile phone), I
appreciate that there are rural areas without mobile coverage, but I'm
pretty sure Overton has at least Vodafone coverage from my previous visits
there.

> I could probably steal WiFi from the neighbours most run unprotected
> networks but that would be naughty!

Agreed, I wasn't counting that on my list of possible methods and it would
quite likely go via a BT landline anyway.

> Adam
> (Still in) Overton, Hampshire

How far did you actually move then?

Andy