Re: [Hampshire] iMac 22" *Rev C* with any Linux/Open or Free…

Author: Damian Brasher
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] iMac 22" *Rev C* with any Linux/Open or Free Unix
Damian Brasher wrote:

> Has anyone got an iMac 22" 'Rev C' running with Linux (any Linux, Open,

Free Unix flavour, really doesn't matter).

Save anyone scratching their heads I found these:-

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/iMacG5iSight?action=show&redirect=iMacG5revC
http://wiki.debian.org/iMacG5
http://osdir.com/ml/linux.ports.ppc.devel/2006-03/msg00046.html
http://bersace03.free.fr/pub/Linux/iMac%20G5/

so Debian 40r3 (Which I need to re-familiarize myself for testing anyway)
netinstall worked and now I compiled kernel 2.6.25.4 (seems like the
newest windfarm!! modules should work) but I've missed an option somewhere
but I at least have a working bash shell to build on but the fans are
still whirring away at a rate of knots. I'll find out where to file a bug
on the Fedora list in case any poor sole happens to have the misfortune of
acquiring a 'REV C' PPC 20" iMac.

dlb

--
Damian L Brasher