Re: [Hampshire] Worthwhile screensaver

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Worthwhile screensaver
** Damian Brasher <lug@???> [2008-05-29 18:42]:
> Paul Tansom wrote:
> > trying to be) looking into low power computing :)
>
> You may have seen this, I'm very happy with my low power VIA CPU and
> MiniITX case.
>
> http://linitx.com/

** end quote [Damian Brasher]

Yup, that's the sort of thing I'm investigating at the moment. Trying to
compare the performance of the ITX (and similar) boards with standard
ATX boards and Intel/AMD CPUs to work out the best spec for headless
server boxes and possibly a desktop system too. Not to mention the
comparison between the VIA and Jetway boards and the new Intel Atom
boards.

Lies, damn lies and statistics!

Oh, and then there's the casing issue. I'd be quite happy with my
existing rack cases, but they don't take my ATX PSUs (and I'm not that
happy with the existing PSUs). Then there's the fact that the HD caddies
are PATA and not SATA, which generally pushes me towards some new cases
and possibly caddies and more money :( I may just put some more
conti-board shelves in my rack for now! ..or I could get at the 2U rack
mount cases with my hack saw and drill, or something a little less
crude!

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: