Re: [Hampshire] Training courses

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Training courses
Captain Haddock wrote:

> Is there really a high enough demand that companies can charge such
> fees and get away with it?

You'd better believe it!

Most of the courses I attend through work are in the region of £1-2K for
a week or so's worth of training. I can reckon on attending two of these
a year and I work in a very large organisation.

Bearing in mind that this organisation makes billions out of moving
money and information around the world, and that this is facilitated
largely by technology these days, it is in their interests to ensure
that the knowledge accrued by their staff is regularly topped up, and
when new technologies emerge that better facilitate this process, that
their staff have it made available to them in the interests of remaining
competetive.

Many full time employees see regular training as a benefit too, and will
gripe loudly if it is not forthcoming.

Sean