[Hampshire] Remote desktop options.

Author: Adam Cripps
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Remote desktop options.
I have just installed an Ubuntu gutsy box with drupal v6 in a small
primary school, with a view to it providing an intranet to showcase
their work to visitors of the school.

The school like the idea of the box being headless (no CRT or
keyboard) but aren't familiar with linux. I've shown them what VNC has
to offer and they found it agreeable. The downside of the current VNC
setup is that it is run from an existing X login. I could explain to
them how to use Putty to ssh in and start a server remotely, but that
might be one step too far. Is it possible to get a remote desktop to
start on boot, and if so, how?

TIA
Adam
--