[Hampshire] [OT] Links to site from Google failing

Author: Nick Chalk
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] [OT] Links to site from Google failing
Jamie's web site is experiencing a strange problem
with links from Google.

If you search for, say, "jamie's computers" on
Google, you'll get several links to our site. (It
uses the old domain name, unfortunately, but I've
yet to work out how to fix that.)

Sometimes, when you click on one of those links,
you'll get a "500 Internal Server Error" response.
Reloading the page - including bypassing caches -
returns the same error. However, hitting return in
the URL bar, or pasting the URL into another
window, returns the page correctly.

I've never seen the front page fail, but most
others do. The highest frequency of failure is
with pages like
http://www.jamiescomputerclub.org.uk/training/index.php?code=14
and
http://www.jamiescomputerclub.org.uk/training/index.php?code=21
These use a simple bit of PHP to look up course
details in an array.

I've checked the hosting provider's logs, and
there's no errors reported by Apache. The failing
attempts don't appear in the access logs.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks,
Nick.

--
Nick Chalk ................. once a Radio Designer
Confidence is failing to understand the problem.