Re: [Hampshire] Netgear router problems with NSLU2

Author: Cayenne-uk
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Netgear router problems with NSLU2
Hooray! After a full day's mucking about with this thing, it is finally
connected. With a good helping of help from you good folk. Thanks.

Simon's suggestion of using Ubuntu to change the eth0 ip address worked a
dream. I had a minor panic when the update apparently took a long time to
complete, but I guess it is because Firefox could no longer update as it
lost track of where the slug was. As soon as I reverted to WiFi, (pulled the
ethernet cable out) Firefox was able to see it again.

It's too late now to do anything more, so I shall have to leave fine-tuning
to next Friday. I can tell it's going to be a long four-day week!

Thanks for all your support,

Kelvin