Re: [OT] Repairing things. Was Re: [Hampshire] Gentoo (was U…

Author: Damian Brasher
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [OT] Repairing things. Was Re: [Hampshire] Gentoo (was Un...
Bob Dunlop wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 14 at 01:00, john lewis wrote:
>> You aren't trying to tell us there are still people around who
>> don't take broken things to the tip and buy a new whatever :-0
>
> Well when the speaker cones went on my 20 year old Haybrook
> speakers (a combination of cats and too many year stood in
> bright sunlight), I simply brought new drivers and reached
> for my trusty soldering iron. Good as new and fit for another
> 20 years I guess.

Trigger's Broom theorem - it works...

Parts of my old Mac Mini (RAM & HDD) are now in a shiny new ITX case with
a VIA EPIA Eden 800 MB;) After a trial run last Soton B&B I took the
plunge abd bought some kit from LinITX.com - that's that for 3 years.

...talking of HeyBrooks, our HB2's (circa 1970's) are still going strong
with two woofer upgrades and new tweeters - parts found on Ebay, in their
day they were extremely expensive but are still great sounding speakers,
fine for another 20 years.

Damian

--
Damian Brasher