[Hampshire] Domestic UPS

Author: Tim B (Systems)
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Domestic UPS
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm posting this question on behalf of my mum. And I'm rather hoping that you
have more experience in this area than I do (ie. any). Essentially, my mother
is looking to buy my father a UPS (un-interuptable power supply) for his
birthday, and is wondering which one to get. This will only be for
residential usage, and it will only provide a safeguard for the server.
Maplin do two models, and E-buyer do several, but I was wondering if anyone
has any first-hand experience in this field. If anyone knows of a good
Linux-compatible UPS that would be great.

Cheers Everyone,

Tim B.