Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Record Deck Sought

Author: Jacqui Caren
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Record Deck Sought
Sean Gibbins wrote:
> Seriously though, I want to be able to hook up a good deck to my amp and
> speakers. No doubt I'll be shaking my fist at the crackles and pops
> before too long - hence the requirement for a relatively inexpensive
> used deck!

Hmm there is a technics linear tracking table somewhere in the loft.
I used to use it at cray with a ghetto blaster aboout 20 years ago
when all the good music was still on vinyl. :-)

I do have a couple of cheapo tables lying around - the majority of which
have never been used. Most came with stereos and were never even powered
up or connected to the amps. Apart from the technics deck none are
of high quality - all came with ~300UKP music centres (Akai etc).

If you are interested I could probably bring one down to surrey lug
this weekend? I don;t want ot lose the technics deck yet...

Jacqui