Re: [Hampshire] GPS for walking that talks to Linux

Author: Tony Smith
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] GPS for walking that talks to Linux
> You can then specify coordinates within those squares using
> eastings and northings to the required accuracy: so SU424155 is the
> entrance to the Zepler building where we have meetings, to 100m
> accuracy.

Well strictly speaking SU424155 is a 100m square containing the entrance to
the Zepler building. There is a difference.

I use an old Garmin GPS12, b/w display, very basic but will give you an OSGB
reference if you just want to do spot checks on the map. Plenty on ebay for
under 100UKP.

Never had a signal problem with it but then again I normally only use it for
sailing with :-S

Tony

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of TSEU Group Ltd / Microsense Systems Limited / Traffic Signals UK Limited. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail (and any attachments) is strictly prohibited.
This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet.