Re: [Hampshire] High bandwidth using DSL lines.

Top Page
Author: Paul Maunders
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] High bandwidth using DSL lines.

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56a07100.hantslug.org.uk.20709': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Mon Jun 11 12:31:28 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key B18B63B403390E9E
We use AAISP at our office in Aldershot to bond 4 x 8Mbps/800Kbps ADSL
Max lines, and it works quite well. The first line costs anywhere from
£18.99 upwards depending on your total bandwidth usage, and they then
charge £14.99 a month for each additional line.

http://www.aaisp.net.uk/multiline.html

We get full 4x speed for uploads, but downloads only run at around
12-16Mbps. We think this is due to the lines having varying latencies
and therefore a limitation of the packet re-ordering. However, this
seems to be a problem with faster lines, and so you shouldn't notice
these problems with 4 x 512kbps.

Paul