Re: [Hampshire] Result of the Ubuntu Challenge

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Result of the Ubuntu Challenge

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x571dd100.hantslug.org.uk.31835': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun May 13 12:28:56 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
Hi Tim,

On Sun, May 13, 2007 at 12:19:01PM +0100, Tim B - Systems wrote:
> I couldn't get on with sudo either. Perhaps I'm just too regimented in my
> thinking of "sysadmin has root password". I personally like the obvious
> distinction of ROOT and USER. Letting users have root access is not a concept
> I like, even if it is well-controlled.

If you are the only user in /etc/sudoers then I don't understand why
you feel the lines between sysadmin and user have been blurred.

Also from a safety point of view it is far easier to type a command
into a root shell by accident than it is to put sudo in front of
something by accident.

Cheers,
Andy