Re: [Hampshire] Ruby on Rails communities in the UK

Top Page
Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ruby on Rails communities in the UK

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57c19100.hantslug.org.uk.13113': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu May 3 19:16:59 2007 BST
gpg: using RSA key ED1319F325A97448
Alan Pope wrote:
> On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 08:52:01PM +0100, Tony Whitmore wrote:
>> Can anyone recommend helpful community resources for people learning Ruby on
>> Rails here in the UK? I'm thinking IRC channels, fora, etc.
>>

> If you don't find one I am sure lug.org.uk would he happy to host one (given
> past experience with python and php user groups).

The thought had occured. :) I don't want to duplicate any existing group
though, nor do I have a lot of spare energy to devote to found such a
group. And IME you need a couple of gurus in any LUG-like group to show
people where they are going wrong. Otherwise you're all just stumbling
around in the dark. Still, at least you're stumbling around together.

Tony