Re: [Hampshire] "Blitz The Wiki" Day!

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] "Blitz The Wiki" Day!
* Daniel Pope (mauve@???) wrote:
> Tony Whitmore wrote:
> > It's hard to see what advantages a move to another wiki would bring when
> > we're not sure what the faults are with the existing one.
>
> Usemod doesn't have a templating system or even a Model-View architecture. This
> is a deeply-ingrained architectural fault that a switch to another wiki could fix.

I think it is fair to say that you are unlikely to get any agreement
on a change by discussion only. The current wiki only came about
because someone (Tony Whitmore, I believe) put the effort in to set
it up and allowed us all to trial it. Before then, there was much
discussion but little agreement. Once people could start using it,
then support rocketed.

Can I suggest that if you feel this is really worth doing, then a
similar approach would be most productive. Allowing people to 'see'
and 'feel' the benefits that you describe will win a lot more
support than trying to describe them in an email.

--
Philip Stubbs
http://www.stuphi.co.uk