Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Failed internet connection from Windows…

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Failed internet connection from Windows on dual boot computer

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57551100.hantslug.org.uk.17247': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Mar 18 11:25:45 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key B2C27BC21C335860
On Sat, Mar 17, 2007 at 04:37:25PM +0000, hantslug@??? wrote:
> I have a dual boot computer with both OSs on different partitions on the same
> drive.
>
> Linux connects effortlessly with the internet and with everything else.
>
> Windows connects to some of the network but not all and not the internet. I
> have tried pinging. I can (from Windows) ping the gateway and another
> computer on the network . I cannot ping the third of those turned on (which
> I can ping from elsewhere on the network), and I cannot ping the internet,
> even by IP.
>
> Network connections shows the status of the connection as "connected". Well
> it is. It can ping part of it.

This sounds like it's got the wrong gateway set. What settings are
shown in the "Support" tab for the relevant network interface? Are
these correct?

Hugo.

  PGP key: 1C335860 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk
            --- There isn't a noun that can't be verbed. ---