Re: [Hampshire] Wireless, WPA and Ubuntu

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Wireless, WPA and Ubuntu
** Paul Tansom <paul@???> [2007-03-08 13:38]:
> ** Alan Pope <alan@???> [2007-03-08 11:01]:
> > On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 10:51:39AM +0000, Paul Tansom wrote:
> > Which exact card is it?
>
> Well, there is the question - well, in exact terms it is a Linksys model
> WPC54G ver.4. If you look at lspci the answer varies!
>
> My first pass gave:
> 07:00.0 Ethernet controller: Unknown device 07fe:2220
>
> My second pass, which was quite litterally an up arrow to pull the
> command back from the buffer as good as immediately after the last one
> had run gave:
> 07:00.0 Ethernet controller: Linksys, A Division of Cisco Systems
> [AirConn] INPROCOMM IPN 2220 Wireless LAN Adapter (rev 01)
>
> Looking up what's written on the card lists broadcom as the chipset, but
> that may not account for a chipset change on a revision change. I've not
> yet fully investigated the output of lspci.

Hmm, this seems to be even worse. It isn't a Broadcom chipset at all,
clearly a major change for the v4 card :( From what I can find Inprocomm
have been bought up by somebody else and they would never release a
Linux driver or even chipset specs for the card, so it is ndiswrapper or
nowt. Given that I guess ndiswrapper may well get wpa working on the
3com card if I'm going to have to head that way anyway. Maybe another
card would be best - one that works out of the box would be ideal!!

> Right, off to Google, of course all this is not helped by my wife having
> been in hospital for a while, as well as my dad, and the two kids - not
> ideal conditions to try to do anything much, let alone run a business
> too :(

This appears to have been badly worded, dad was in hospital for a while,
then days after he came out my wife was taken in unexpectedly for a
while. My dad is recovering now, things still up in the air with Dawn.
Neither of the kids have been in hospital. I won't go further into
things and bore people, suffice it to say I'm worn out, but still
standing - just.

** end quote [Paul Tansom]

--
Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | http://www.aptanet.com/
Aptanet Ltd. | Registered in England | Company No: 4905028