Reply To headers using old list (was [Hampshire] IRC registr…

Top Page
Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Reply To headers using old list (was [Hampshire] IRC registration)

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57952100.hantslug.org.uk.20963': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Mar 4 08:56:04 2007 GMT
gpg: using RSA key ED1319F325A97448
Damian Brasher wrote:
> Damian wrote:
>
>> My question is that after logging in to register a nick (I have chosen
>> EPIC) to ~#epic -c irc.lug.org.uk and then entered after >/nick mynick
>> following the instructions from http://wiki.blitzed.org/New_users
>
>>> /msg NickServ REGISTER password e-mail
>> substituting e-mail for my email address I have no email response and have
>> checked spam.

I replied to your post yesterday, but noticed later that it hadn't
arrived. On further investigation, I spotted that it went to the old
list. For some reason both the new and old (now shut) lists were in the
Reply-To headers:

I don't know if this is a squirrelmail thing or a mailman thing, but it
would be worth fixing! (It doesn't seem to happen with everyone though,
so perhaps it is the former rather than the latter.)

Thanks,

Tony