Re: [Hampshire] Lenevo lappies go bang!

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Lenevo lappies go bang!

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007, Sean Gibbins wrote:

> Actually, I salute your courage buying a laptop off eBay - that's a
> minefield right there!

Hopefully a calculated risk, but I know what you mean.

> Was it a private sale or a dealer?

It's from a dealer, one with a Feedback Score of over 37000 and a Positive
Feedback rating of 99.3% who claims to provide a 90 day warranty and
(assuming they aren't lying in the item description) the laptop is still
covered under the manufacturers (3 year) warranty until June 07.

I suspect I may need a new battery for it, but otherwise I'm hoping it
will be ok, if not well you live and learn :)

Andy