Re: [Hampshire] Talks for next meeting

Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Talks for next meeting
Adrian Bridgett wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 1, 2007 at 22:58:05 +0000 (+0000), john lewis wrote:
>> I did wonder if anyone would be interested in a demo
>> of GeneWeb but I guess it would be of interest to very few.
>
> Well that's one of the beauties of lightning talks. Personally I'd be
> interested in seeing what you've done with it and whilst I wouldn't
> want to see a 30mins demo, a 5-10 min one would be quite interesting -

Yeah, the great thing about lightning talks is that if you're not
interested in one topic, there's another one just round the corner. And
talks are short enough that you'll go along for the hell of it, knowing
that in the worst case you'll learn *something*, in the best case you'll
find a really interesting new project.

At FOSDEM I sat through a few lightning talks I knew nothing about and
learnt something useful in each of them.

Tony