Re: [Hampshire] Your Set Up

Author: m.nuttall
To: lug, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Your Set Up
Quoting Vic <lug@???>:

> > Vic, do you mind me asking who your current ADSL service provider is?
>
> Eclipse. http://www.eclipse.net.uk/
>
> > I'm currently on PlusNet, and have been pretty unhappy with them for some
> > time.
>
> I was on PlusNet for some time. I had several problems with them. The only
> way I managed to get any response from them was to take them to the Small
> Claims Court.

Hmmm interesting since I am going to change from pipex sometime in the future
due to their bizzarre anti-spam measures. They accused me of spamming which isnt
possible since i took down the port number down on the router a couple of years
ago. After explaining that the spam message was just a query to a yahoogroup
about virtualdub.

Ringing the customer service the guy said you get 3 chances then you are kicked
off so now i have 1 black mark against me unjustly when the 2nd comes along I
better off switching so I am on the look out sometime soon for a new isp.

Martin N