Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Linux Jobs

Author: Jacqui Caren
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Linux Jobs
john lewis wrote:
> More importantly they are actively trawling people's web sites,
> sending speculative emails to people with the right combination of
> buzz words on their site.

Rule 4: Desperation.

Random trawling is a sign of desperation.

> Apparently there are positions in London, Dublin and Zurich in
> Europe. They do offer a relocation package.

However they are trawling *lots* of people and have a 6 to 20 interviews
process that keeps you hanging on for maybe six months.
There are web tirades about people who have been told they "have it"
and then get silently bounced after another three interviews. Not my
idea of fun :-(

I think thier interview process/reputation is beginning to bite - the
good people are not prepared to sit through 5+ interviews spaced weeks
apart - folks usually have a decent offer/position well before that.
After the dot bomb the above rigour probably worked well to weed out
the clueless but times change.

I got a copy of thier spam and replied asking "why me" - I was sent
a pro-forma reply that questions would only be answered after I had
provided a current CV - I think they must be using an (in house) agency
that is measured/getting paid for applications/CV's :-)

Jacqui