Re: [Hampshire] DVB to DVD

Author: John Hunt
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] DVB to DVD
Hello.

I've used a program called transcode to successfully transcode
xvid/divx/.mov!/other strange formats to dvd mpeg2 VOB format. A lot
of guides recommend using mencoder, although this has never worked for
me (produces VOBs that look and play fine on mplayer, yet don't work
properly on my DVD player).

Look out for guides on the gentoo wiki, they're quite handy.

John.