Re: [Hampshire] SIP based IP phone app.

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] SIP based IP phone app.
** Tony Whitmore <tony@???> [2007-02-22 07:08]:
> Paul Tansom wrote:
> > Can anyone recommend a decent SIP based IP phone application for Linux?
>
> Ekiga and Twinkle are both worth a look.

** end quote [Tony Whitmore]

Thanks for that Tony. They ring a bell, and I think I'd forgotten that I
picked up links to them from a link on the Ubuntu wiki. I've been on
there trying to get my wireless card working with WPA, but so far
haven't managed it - two problems 1. I don't have easy access to wired
networking for the machine, and 2. the details are as clear as Langstone
mud on how to set it up (I've installed the network management utility
they quote, but have no idea how to run it - there's no menu item and
none of the configuration options have changed at all - I need more
investigation time I think!).

--
Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | http://www.aptanet.com/
Aptanet Ltd. | Registered in England | Company No: 4905028