Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu is not ready for (my) Desktop

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu is not ready for (my) Desktop
On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 19:16:15 +0000
Alan Pope <alan@???> wrote:

> This isn't the first time you have tried on your own to fix
>something, then given up and taken seemingly great delight to tell
>us that Ubuntu isn't up to scratch and cannot possibly measure up to
>the holy grail of Operating systems that is Debian.
>
> If you had mailed the list, asked on irc, posted a support ticket
> or in any way asked for help you probably would have got some useful
> information.

The reason I didn't ask is that I can usually fix things in Debian 'on
my tod' . I did make extensive use of google, checking Ubuntu
forums etc. I don't use irc and asking on the mailing list would only
have deferred my re-installing Debian. I gave Ubuntu a try, it didn't
work out for me and that is the end of it.

--
John Lewis
Debian Linux with Geneweb genealogy application