[Hampshire] Report on PLUG August meeting

Author: Lisi Reisz
To: hampshire@mailman.lug.org.uk
Subject: [Hampshire] Report on PLUG August meeting
Luke Stutters gave us a very interesting talk on making contact over the
Internet with ssh, in particular by using a virtual Ubuntu server in Google
Compute Engine. Hopefully he will be letting us have some slides to put up
on the website.

Thank you very much, Luke. We are very grateful.

Luke had billed his talk as being a short one, so we were going to have two
talks. But in the event, it was so successful, and people were so interested
and engaged, that it was not particularly short. It was decided to put off
the second talk for a month when we so far had nothing!!

For those of you who were there, and were not consulted about the decision, I
apologise for that. I did start to consult. The speaker (Jeff) and the
three LUGmasters all voted for “Let's see what people want”. The first two
other people asked voted decidedly for putting the talk off. So we put the
talk off!

Apart from that, it is difficult to summarise what happened. People with
problems or queries solved them, and it appeared that a good time was had by
all. Perhaps in future people could post immediately after a meeting to say
what they did?