Re: [Hampshire] Village History Website

Author: Chris Dennis
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Village History Website
On 05/05/16 07:14, Keith Edmunds via Hampshire wrote:
> On Wed, 4 May 2016 22:42:26 -0700, hampshire@??? said:
>
>> It’s not much data, and I think you can just let Wordpress find the
>> assets on disk
> I concur. You're trying to fix a problem you don't have (yet), and
> Wordpress frequently handles large sites without much problem.

Thanks all for your replies.

I think I will stick with WordPress. I was worried that users would get bogged down trying to find documents and images in WP's single list, but I'll try the 'Pods' plugin when looks like it can make it easy to add more post types ('documents', 'maps', etc.) and ways of categorising them.

Cheers

Chris