[Hampshire] Portsmouth LUG Meeting on Saturday 19th March at…

Author: Lisi Reisz
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Portsmouth LUG Meeting on Saturday 19th March at BOSSC
We have our usual Bring a Box meeting from 13:00 to 18:00 on Saturday 19th
March at the Broad Oak Sports and Social Club, Hilsea.
http://www.portsmouth.lug.org.uk/venue.html

You are all warmly invited. Bring your problems, bring your
gadgets, come to chat or come to learn. Bring anything from a smartphone to
a large desktop - so long as it is Open Source!

Jeffrey Best will be talking to us about "Developing a CouchDB
Application Using CouchApp".
http://www.portsmouth.lug.org.uk/talks/201602.html

If you have a problem you would like help with, let us know in advance so that
we can try to have the right people/equipment/CDs there to help with the
problem.

We have now, of course, got our own good internet connection. You are being
careful not to overuse it, which is appreciated. If you want a large
download, please continue to ask us to download it in advance and bring it
in. We always have a selection of distros available, but ask if you want
something in particular, since we cannot have everything.

But you could perhaps relax a little: do net-installs, upgrade etc. Last
month someone had come in for help sorting out a messed up new installation.
It was sorted out, but not fully. The presenting problem was sorted out, but
his internet connections were not tested, and wi-fi and ethernet cards can be
a problem. Ideally some extra software needed installing – and the whole
thing needed updating. But the helper was worried about using bandwidth.

Please feel free to use the internet connection in cases like that. I am
keeping an eye on it, and will say if we need to reign in.

I look forward to seeing you all there. ;-) If you haven't been before,
don't be shy. We are a friendly group, and would love to see you. Come and
see what we are about and what we look like.

Lisi