Re: [Hampshire] Dynamic DNS

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Dynamic DNS
** Chris Dennis <cgdennis@???> [2015-09-14 12:30]:
> Which is the best dynamic DNS service these days? Free would be nice, but I don't mind paying a small fee.

** end quote [Chris Dennis]

I've been using DtDNS [1] recently having had my free account from Dyn
cancelled for not logging in manually on a monthly basis (unfortunately the
email with the account wasn't mine so I never received the notification of the
change of terms and this policy to trim out the free service). Since I couldn't
create a new free account (and it isn't worth paying for the service for this
connection) I had to look around. Although I could host my own or use other
services, this one was the only practical option for use with the BT Home Hub
since you are limited to those it supports by default (I can't remember which
ones it supports off hand). I am currently getting notification requesting a
manual login every 40 days, but that is because the Home Hub had to be replaced
and I've not had the opportunity to put the account onto the new one (which
sort of emphasises the fact that a free service is the best option in this
case!).

[1] https://www.dtdns.com/

--
Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | https://www.aptanet.com/ | 023 9238 0001