[Hampshire] Request for a good book

Author: Peter B.
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Request for a good book
Hi guys,

A friend of mine has asked me for a book and I thought I would ask u guys.

She needs to know the names of the founding fathers of computer science and
artificial intelligence. (Kosslyn and Andersen 92, McCulloch and Pitts, 1943
; von Neumann, 1958; Wiener, 1948) have these but they are also psychologists
and doctors, I want some that are only computer related. Some books on them
- or a book that behaves as the bible of computer (basics) - a complex book
that everyone has but is general and complete.

(related to neuro-rehabilition and clinical trials.)

Sorry to be vague guys - am translating languages as well as from a slang
email.

Thanks in advance guys.

Any suggestions will help I am sure - even if they aren't totally specific
to the question.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and enjoying hte little sun that is
popping out.

Pete