[Hampshire] Debian 8 on Viglen MPC

Author: Adam John Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Debian 8 on Viglen MPC
Hi,

I don't know if anyone still has a Viglen MPC still running and on Debian but
I've got a problem with mine. I upgraded to Debian 8 (Jessie) and now it won't
boot on the new kernel 3.16, but it will boot on the older Debian 7 kernel -
though it won't start X on that version.

As far as I can tell the new kernel boots up and starts to load devices but
isn't able to find the root drive, so gives up and dumps to you into a Busybox
terminal session.

Short of reinstalling Debian 7 any ideas?

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

The good thing about science is that it's true whether
or not you believe in it
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson