Re: [Hampshire] Tips on enabling HTTPS in httpd.conf

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Tips on enabling HTTPS in httpd.conf
On Friday 01 May 2015 19:56:29 Neil Stone wrote:
> Https and name based vhosts don't mix well... that's the first thing I
> found that was causing me issues.
>
> I will dig out my notes from last time I did this....

Yep. The URL used to access the web server is encrypted by the https,
so until Apache decrypts it, it doesn't know which virtual host to
forward the request to.

The SSL configuration is on a per virtual host basis, so until it
knows the virtual host, it can't decrypt it.

There might be a solution (other than using different IP address
or port for each host), but I'm not certain.

--
Be seeing you,        Games: http://www.glendale.org.uk/
Sam.                  Posts: http://www.google.com/+SamuelPenn