[Hampshire] Favoured MySQL reporting tools

Author: Full Circle Podcast
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Favoured MySQL reporting tools
Open question for the hive mind: I have a major development underway on an
existing bespoke MySQL database; at the end of which we will need an
end-user reporting tool a la Crystal reports, but Open Source and
preferably without recurring commercial licence fees.

I've started to short-list, but I welcome any yay's or nay's or other
suggestions from practical experience.

Free:

Datavision http://datavision.sourceforge.net/

dmyreports - Dynamic MySQL Reports -
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dmyreports/

One-off/small fees:

MySQL Reports http://mysqlreports.com/

DBFacePHP http://www.dbfacephp.com/purchase/

MyDBR http://mydbr.com/download

Reports Maestro http://reportsmaestro.com/

Going down the Business Intelligence route, I arrive at

BIRT http://www.eclipse.org/birt/

ReportServer http://reportserver.net/en/

which are both BI suites which starts to get complex.

Pentaho, Datapin, Ubiq and Jasper fall into the commercial arena with
recurring annual or monthly licencing.

Begin your abuse below.

--
Rgds