Re: [Hampshire] Python GUI

Author: Gordon Scott
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Python GUI
On Thu, 2015-02-19 at 21:25 +0000, Ally Biggs wrote:
> http://python-gtk-3-tutorial.readthedocs.org/en/latest/builder.html

That one has certainly helped. All the other documents I have refer to
importing gtk while that one refers to Gtk. Gtk is found and loaded.

When one reads the friendly manual, it does help if the friendly manual
is correct :-(

> https://glade.gnome.org/

I've spent some time here. Even the examples here do import gtk not
import Gtk :-(

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KrgCrPp3w4

No sound on this PC, I'll take a look later.

Thanks Ally.

At the very least that confirms Glade is still a suitable tool. I was
starting to doubt it.

Where I looked on AskUbuntu, they were saying 'deprecated', use their
SDK and QML (QML appears basically JavaScript, not Python!).
Other distributions are available!

Thanks again.
        Gordon.