Re: [Hampshire] Wuala stopping its free service

Author: Peter Salisbury
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Wuala stopping its free service
I've had a look at the current state of cloud services and found a
very limited choice. Since I need clients for Linux and Android, end
to end encryption and about 3GB storage.

In the end I've chosen Mega which gives a ludicrous 50GB free storage
(with my upload speed of 100k it would take 11.5 days of constant
uploading to fill it!)

So far Mega is working well but I've learnt not to stop and start the
client while it's scanning. It can end up duplicating files into
unexpected places!

I'm a bit concerned that the NSA will get them closed down but then it
will just be time to move on again.

Plan B is simply to pay Wuala for what I currently get free, but I do
HATE it when a company promises you something and then reneges on it.

ATB, Peter