Re: [Hampshire] Munich Council was: (no subject)

Author: Roger Munford
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Munich Council was: (no subject)
I have slept on it and have concluded that there is no doubt that Munich
will return to Windows just as fast as possible. The reasoning behind it
is that Microsoft are moving their HQ to Munich. In Germany local
authorities get a slice of the turnover of companies that they host and
the benefits of having MS headquartered there will probably outweigh the
cost and inconvenience of returning to Windows.
The politicians are doing their bit by pushing the (rather feeble) MS
arguments, i.e. compatibility, quality. We will now never know whether
the project is a success.
Any doubt of the outcome should be dispelled by the smarmy MS spokesman.
"MS has always been a good loser and accepted that Munich of all places
has its own operating system. However we are always open for discussions".
This is ruining my holiday.

Roger