Re: [Hampshire] Evolution Calendar

Author: Jan Henkins
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Evolution Calendar
Hello Leo,

On 02/06/14 22:18, Victor Churchill wrote:
> I have started using Google Calendar for such things. You can set up
> more than one alert for an upcoming event, anything from minutes to
> weeks in advance, and specify alert by popup, email or SMS (or any
> combination). And you can define recurring events - I have started
> adding birthdays there too.
>
> I've not tested the specific functionality of requesting a popup to be
> generated at a time the computer is off.

I also use Google's calendar. It's possible to set alerts like Victor
mention, and at some point I have seen that it can send text messages to
your phone too (which is handy if it's a time-sensitive issue, and if
you don't have an Android or Apple handset). The other handy thing is
that I sync all of these to my phone as well, and also share my calendar
with my wife in a similar fashion. All my calendar entries pops up on
her calendar, and vice versa. Furthermore I also use a week-view agenda
type of widget on my mobile phone, so I can see what is coming up in my
week every time I glance at my phone.

PS: THere used to be a stand-alone calendaring app from Mozilla called
"Sunbird", which I also used in the past. I cannot seem to find it at
the moment, seems that everything was absorbed into Lightning, the
Thunderbird plug-in. Sunbird was useful when I was trying out other
email clients.

--

Regards,
Jan Henkins