[Hampshire] Re Spam from me.

Author: Clive Woodfine
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Re Spam from me.
Thanks for your replies. I have not had time yet to act on them in detail
yet but just a few points. My mobile phone is a San Francisco running
Android with a giffgaff SIM that uses O2 network I think. I use Linux Mint
16 on my desktop machine and Ubuntu 10.04 LTS on a Sony laptop but as gmail
is web mail I cannot see that this matters.

Doing a google search I came across this web site:-

http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/03/10000-linux-servers-hit-by-malware-serving-tsunami-of-spam-and-exploits/

which states "10,000 Linux servers hit by malware serving tsunami of spam
and exploits Two-year-old Windigo may also have infected kernel.org Linux
developers ......."

I do not know if this has any connection?

I am off to change my gmail password and see if I can contact google about
it.

Clive Woodfine