Re: [Hampshire] Lacie Backup Disks

Top Page
Author: Brad Rogers
To: Hampshire LUG List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Lacie Backup Disks

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57029100.hantslug.org.uk.4294': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sat May 10 17:03:15 2014 BST
gpg: using RSA key 4BC36C6C174D31C1
On Sat, 10 May 2014 11:26:24 +0100
Alex Dicks <alex@???> wrote:

Hello Alex,

>You can just about get away with opening a hard disk in a clean
>zip-seal freezer bag (making a very small "clean room").

You got away with it, but I wouldn't fancy my chances TBH. Drive head
fly heights are measured in microns, and just one dust particle will
wreak havoc because, sooner or later, it'll get dragged under the head
and it's "goodbye drive". :-(

--
 Regards  _
We don't need no-one to tell us what's right or wrong